The way to replace your WordPress working system, theme and plugins
Your WordPress web site is an operating system, and like all operating systems, it does require some general maintenance and tuning up on occasions to make sure your web site stays safe, optimised for quick loading and compatibility with the most recent instruments and options.You’ll find doing this course of quarterly will guarantee your web site enjoys an extended lifetime of a few years, and can presumably additionally enhance your natural rankings on Google, and Bing.
That is one thing that may be comparatively simply, nonetheless there are a number of steps that should be adopted to make sure it’s accomplished accurately, to make sure there aren’t any points with compatibility in the course of the course of, significantly if you have not been doing this course of repeatedly.
Older websites which may not have been maintained for a while might be many versions behind in the theme or plugins, which can imply there are major version changes required, and will presumably trigger issues, nonetheless these may be averted or fixed simply in case you observe the method outlined within the video.
Listed here are the required steps to replace your WordPress, theme and plugins and keep your website operating smoothly:
- Backup the web site
- Examine the updates required
- Update WordPress to the most recent version
- Check your website continues to be working fine
- Update the theme if required
- Examine the location once more to make sure it’s working fine
- Update the plugins, one by one if there are a number of updates required.
- As soon as accomplished, examine your website is loading and functioning high-quality
- Clear the Cache or run the Optimiser plugin
- Backup the location
- If potential, archive the location offline as effectively for future reference.
If you’re not tech savvy, Smartfish supply a daily maintenance service for you, which covers all the above services outlined together with the offsite archival of your website in Google Cloud Drive.