SEO is a term that you may have heard before, but what does it actually mean? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and its goal is to help your website rank higher in search engine results.
And, since the majority of people use Google or Bing to find information on the internet, if your site ranks high in these search engines then you’ll see more traffic coming from them.
This article will provide some tips on how you can increase your marketing conversions with SEO on WordPress.
The great thing about WordPress is there are plenty of plugins, both free and premium options, that assist your SEO, so you don’t need to be an expert to achieve great results.ults.
The most important step for your website is to have a well-written and robust content marketing strategy, so that you’re always publishing valuable information on your website.
You can improve engagement by adding images, adding quotes between the post, or sharing these articles across your social media channels.
A/B Testing: You can also do A/B testing to find out which types of content your audience prefers. This is a great way to grow engagement, as it creates more interest and gives people the option for what they would like next. The only thing you need to be careful about is not getting too biased in one direction and assuming that’s best for all potential readers.
One of the primary keys to good SEO results is consistency, and by being in consistent with your on page SEO, such as blog postings regularly, will usually see very noticeable results quite quickly.
Here are 6 recommended SEO tips that can help your WordPress site:
- Optimize your blog posts with keywords in the title, a compelling description that includes targeted phrases, and relevant tags
- Create original content from scratch or repurpose old post throughout different sites to get more views
- Use social media effectively by signing up for Google AdWords Express (using search terms like “online marketing” or “marketing tips”) and boosting individual posts on Facebook or Instagram. Shout out other bloggers who are writing about similar topics by liking their posts and commenting. You can also share those links via Twitter if they’re worth reading
- Do keyword research before you start blogging – this will help you find high volume words related to your niche so you know what people want to read!
- Once you’ve found your keywords, use them in titles and throughout the text of your blog posts.
- Be consistent with blogging – schedule out blog post content weeks or months ahead (like on a calendar) so that it’s easy to see what topics are coming up.
You can also improve your website’s ranking by keeping it well maintained, bu ensuring your image sizes are well optimised, and your site runs fast by using an optimisation or caching plugin to help reduce the load time.
With these simple tips in mind, managing your own WordPress SEO takes no time at all! Use an external application such as SEO Profiler to check your rankings and monitor your website health in real time. It will show you where your site has any weaknesses, and you can also sky on your competitors to outrank them!
You’ll be amazed at how as little as an hour a week of website optimisation can make a difference to your site’s ranking, and visitor traffic.